(last updated March 12, 2015)
1. How to contact us
If you have questions, concerns or complaints you can contact us by e-mail at hello[at]fusestudio.net, or by postal mail to the address below.
c/o Office of Community Education Partnerships
2120 Campus Drive
Evanston, Illinois, 60208
2. Information we collect about you
2.1 User IDs, registration, and contact
We collect information about you when you register to use our website. This could include your name, email address, gender, ethnicity, birthday, studio location, and parent contact information. We also collect other information that does not identify you, like your interests or work on the challenges.
2.2 Automatic data collection tools
When you communicate with us or access our website, our servers automatically collect and record certain information. For example, when you work on challenges, we keep track of the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on different sections of the website.
2.3 Information and content that you disclose
Some sections of our website allow you to post questions, comments, videos, photographs, images, design files, and other content for others to see. Please note that in our website forums, your user name and/or profile image will be posted along with any message you post. The information and content you post might be available to registered members of the FUSE website or only to members of your specific FUSE studio location.
We urge you to be careful and thoughtful when deciding to disclose personal information (like your name or location), or any other information, on our website.
Currently the only way to remove personal information or content you share is to send an email to info[at]fusestudio.net with a request to remove the content.
2.4 Storage, retention and deletion of personal information
We store personal information and data files associated with you on a server at Northwestern University. We will keep personal information about you only as long as you maintain an active account on the website. If you delete your account, we will take reasonable measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information in a secure manner. We may keep data you have uploaded (level completion documentation), your challenge history, and demographic data (your gender, age, and ethnicity), but your name, contact information, and location will no longer be attached to this data. Posts or comments you have made will become “anonymous” and will no longer display your username or profile image.
3. How FUSE uses personal information
We use information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Operating, improving, and maintaining the FUSE website and to develop new products and services
- Sending you administrative messages and information about FUSE or additional, non-commercial educational opportunities and services in which we believe you may be interested. An example is sending you a notice about an upcoming special event happening at your FUSE studio or at a nearby location.
- Measuring and better understanding how our website and challenges are used, so we can improve them.
- Personalizing and displaying relevant content on the FUSE website.
- Sending questionnaires and surveys to help us better understand how we can improve this program. Your completion of any questionnaire or survey is voluntary.
- We may share or publish aggregated information and other information that does not specifically identify you, such as statistics about the number of visitors to our websites or about challenge activity occurring on FUSEstudio.net. All identifying information, such as real names and locations, would be removed before these data are used in analysis.
- Research. We remove all identifying information, such as real names and locations, from the research data collected through our website. If you have questions or would like more information about our research, please email email@example.com regarding Northwestern IRB study # STU00057776.
4. Security and integrity of personal information
We use a combination of administrative, technical, and physical security controls to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective, and we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
5. Removing content that you have posted
To remove content you have shared on our websites, you will need to send a request to info[at]fusestudio.net with your username and request. An option to remove content may not always be available, for example on forums.
To delete your account, send an email to hello[at]fusestudio.net and include your FUSE username and tell us you want your account deleted. You do not need to give a reason.
6. Changes to this privacy statement
We may update this privacy statement from time to time. Check the “last updated” section at the top of this privacy statement to see the last time the privacy statement was changed.
For changes to this privacy statement that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will obtain your consent (and potentially parental consent) before implementing the change. Please contact us if you have questions.